Friday, June 25, 2010

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Today was absolutely GORGEOUS! We have been having some weird, humid, thunderstorm-y weather lately in CT, and today was finally sunny, dry, and beautiful! An added perk was that I had today off! What awesome timing.

My brother got his wisdom teeth out yesterday, so we planned on having some quality brother/sister time since his mouth was feeling ok. So what did we do, you ask? Maybe you're thinking we went to the beach, had a nice walk, ate lunch somewhere outside - anything to take advantage of the weather. But no - he had his heart set on seeing Toy Story 3. It felt a little ridiculous to be going to a movie on such an awesome day, but I have to say it was worth it! The movie was so great! I was in tears by the end - everyone needs to see it, regardless of age. I may have to see it again soon - so perfect.

Me and the brother. Isn't he a cutie? This is from his senior prom a couple of years ago. He's growing up so fast!

Luckily, I was able to get some quality outdoor time in before the movie, so I didn't feel to bad about being inside. After my amazing brother brought me an iced coffee this morning (he knows how to get to my heart), I was energized for my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. I'm always amazed at how good those workouts are for being only 20 minutes. Once I was done and saw how nice it was outside, I decided to go for a run too! I ended up doing an easy three miles and felt fantastic afterwards.

I have realized in the past couple of years just how much the weather affects my mood. Going to school in Ontario was a struggle at times - cold, dark, windy, rainy winters did not always make for a happy go lucky girl. I guess it just makes the summer that much more worth the wait!

Anyway, I'm off to do some reading - one of my favorite things about summer is my newfound ability to read for pleasure! I'm currently reading T.C. Boyle's Water Music - it's great so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment