Sunday, June 27, 2010

Take That, Humidity!

I think I'm starting to crawl out of my rut! And thank goodness, because being all mopey and bummed doesn't suit me well - I think it clashes with the normal happy go lucky thing I have going on. See, look how pumped I was to go on a nice bike ride today!


The original plan was to run after work, but a crazy exhausting morning shift coupled with the INSANE HUMIDITY we've been having kinda ruled that out. Bike rides are starting to come in handy as awesome cardio when the weather isn't cooperating!

I took my iPhone along for the ride to show how beautiful my route was, but please excuse the quality of the photos because I was sweaty and iPhones aren't known for their crystal clear images.

Pretty wildflowers! Alongside a beautiful sign for propane gas :(

Funky, creepy, pretty graveyard I passed. I remember in high school kids used to drink in graveyards - yikes! I can't imagine going in there during the day, much less at night!

My favorite cows! There is a farm about a mile and a half down the road from my house with the most awesome cows. One even has those super long curved horns - I tried to call him closer so I could get a better picture, but he wasn't listening.

I know I may be biased, but I'm pretty sure I have the most awesome driveway ever! It's super long (.2 miles according to my car), hilly, and beautiful. There are deer, foxes, chipmunks, squirrels - so amazing! Sometimes when I'm bored at home I'll take a quick walk up the driveway - I love where I live!

Had a great bike ride today - rode about 11 miles in a little under an hour. I'm glad I decided to exercise outside even with the humidity, it made me feel hardcore and strong. I used to see exercise as purely a means to an end, and I think I really cheated myself out of enjoying physical activity. Now when I miss a workout, I'm bummed because exercising is fun instead of punishing myself and feeling guilty. I feel like I've really turned a corner these past few months, and I think things are only going to get better! Although that might just be the endorphins talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment