Monday, June 21, 2010

Welcome!

Hello there! My name is Drake, and I'm a 22 year old New England girl living in shoreline Connecticut. This past January, I finally followed through on my goal of getting fit and healthy, and I've decided to take the next step and document my journey. Blogs have been a big part of my education and motivation to change my life, and I hope to gain further inspiration and advice by starting my own!

Here's a little more about me. I JUST received my Bachelor's Degree (Honors) from Queen's University in amazing Kingston, Ontario. Why Canada, you ask? Well, my dad was born and raised in Toronto, making me a dual citizen of the US and Canada. Although I lived my entire life in the Northeast US, when the time came for me to choose a college, the allure of going to school in a foreign country instead of Connecticut or Boston like the rest of my high school was too good to pass up. Four years later, and I don't think I could have picked a more perfect place to learn and grow. I already miss school and all my friends terribly, and hope that blogging, exercising, working, and discovering new and exciting foods and fitness tips will distract me from my post college depression.

As for the future, my life is up in the air. I studied political science at school, and am a complete and utter political junkie. Like, to a crazy degree. My career goal is to work in the public sector, for PACs, NGOs, nonprofits, government, etc. Originally, I was hoping to jump into work right out of school, but the recession has hit nonprofits and public organizations where it hurts. Therefore, I have become the stereotypical college student moving back home indefinitely, which I am not terribly proud of. However, I am studying for the GRE, and hope to be at grad school ASAP - I want to get my master's in public administration and then go save the world! Well, I'm not that idealistic, but you get the jist.

So that's the abridged version of me. I'll be (hopefully) writing regularly about life as a college grad stuck at home, trying to achieve a fit and healthy lifestyle during a pretty major transition period in my life. I hope to connect with others who share similar goals in the blogging world, and to share and support each other! Here goes nothin!

No comments:

Post a Comment