Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hallelujah!

The humidity is finally gone! Yesterday morning I woke up early to put another blanket on the bed - it was a pretty great feeling. Starting yesterday the weather has dried out for a couple of days at least, and I am taking complete advantage of it! Yesterday I went for a nice long 4 mile walk with my mother, and then went out on the bike for about an hour. This morning I woke up bright and early and ran an easy four miles - it's been a couple of days since I went running so I want to ease myself back into it. I have to say - it's really nice to go for a run and not be completely wet afterwards!

I'm off to work in about an hour, and then tomorrow is my day off! I'm crossing my fingers that the weather is nice, because I'm really itching for a nice beach day. I'm planning on doing a fast three miles, maybe a little strength training, and then slipping on my suit and basking in the sun!

I was thinking the other day about what kind of exercise I want to get done in a week, and I think I've come up with a nice little outline for myself. In any given week, I want to do:
2 or 3 runs
1 or 2 days cross training (biking, most likely) - 1 of these should be pretty light
2 days strength training

I'm going to see how I like having a bit of a workout schedule - it may help me stay on track or I might ditch it entirely and just do what I feel like on any given day. I do think it's important to do regular strength training though, and I know I sometimes forget or opt for cardio instead.

Off to shower before work!

No comments:

Post a Comment