Monday, July 19, 2010

Run Forest Run!

So after a couple of days of fitness frustration (see below for details), I FINALLY got my run on yesterday! And it was great. Once the rain let up I laced up my shoes, slapped on my Garmin and was off!

Here are the splits!
Mile 1 - 10:27
Mile 2 - 8:44 (whoa! Apparently I'm a speed demon all of a sudden)
Mile 3 - 9:06
Mile 4 - 11:09 (murder hill and heat caught up with me a bit :( - not the strong finish I was hoping for but I didn't let myself walk!)

I was pretty shocked at my time during this run because I consistently run ten minute miles. To have two miles around nine minutes was kinda nuts, but I'm thinking a couple of days off gave me fresh legs or something? Who knows. The beginning of the run was great, about 72 degrees and a little breezy after the rain. However, the heat and humidity shot up FAST, and by mile three it was back in the high 80s. Ugh. I definitely got my sweat on, and was so so happy to get in a solid run!

This morning I rocked out with Jillian Michaels to No More Trouble Zones. I've probably said it a million times, but I just love this workout! Especially the ab circuits - bring on the planks! After a quick shower I headed to my nearest Whole Foods, which is about 35 minutes away - something I have mixed emotions about. I love Whole Foods, and they carry a lot of my favorite foods that I can't find anywhere around here, but I spend wayyyy too much money there. My uncle calls it Whole Paycheck, and he has a pretty good point. Oh well, at least I stocked up on my essentials!

I am still debating which camera to buy so I dont have any pictures, but I bought some goodies, including a jar of Dark Chocolate Dreams for my best friend Christy. She is working at a summer camp in Switzerland and then bumming around in Europe for the fall, so I'm sending her a killer care package for her birthday! Gotta fulfill those best friend duties! Anyway, I'm off to write her annual birthday poem - we are huge nerds, and write each other acrostic poems for our birthdays - we've done it since freshman year of college and it's so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment